I have lived in Colorado for 9 years. So I know a lot about which areas are the most fun and cool to live. I have made a list of the top five best places to live in Colorado. Whether you are a first time home buyer or just changing locations, here they are:
- Fort Collins
- Fort Collins is a very cool city. Since it is a college town, there is a lot to do, from outdoor sports to fun and relaxed bars at nighttime. My brother lives there now and I visit him a lot. When I visit, he always has something fun to do and I have noticed how nice everyone is in Fort Collins. He absolutely loves the atmosphere and the activities that come with living here.
- I think Vail is one of my favorite ski mountains. I love how large the mountain is. There is so much to do while you are skiing. The town is also very quant and the locals are extremely nice. If you are looking to buy a home in the mountains, Vail is a great town to think about.
- Steamboat Springs
- I actually grew up in Steamboat Springs. I was the luckiest girl; I got to meet great people and go to school with some of the nicest students. I also love how genuine and nice the locals are here. When we moved here, I was a city girl, but when I left, I was definitely changed, for the better, to a mountain gal. I would not change anything for the world. Steamboat is a great place to raise a family, if that is what you are looking for.
- Silverthorne is a great place to be. I say for a couple of reasons. One, it is not as expensive as most mountainous areas, and two because it is about 20 minutes away from 4 ski mountains. That is some great variety. If I could move here I would. If you love the snow, skiing and snowboarding, this is definitely where you want to be. If you are here you get such great variety.
- Lastly, is Denver, I live here now and I love it so much that I do not ever want to move. I moved here about 4 years ago for school and I have yet to leave. There are so many things to do and we are in such a great location. When you want to get away from the small city, the closest ski mountain in only an hour and a half away. I really encourage people to move here because it is located in a prime area to do a lot of different activities. I do not foresee myself leaving anytime soon!
I really hope this has helped out any of you home buyers. I wanted to share my opinion on the best places to live. If you have any others favorites, please feel free to comment.